Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Wonderland (in January . . . )

So, those of you in Utah have already seen tons of snow, so this post won't excite you. But it's the first chance we've had to play in the snow--a substantial amount of snow with some decent weather afterwards. This particular storm (in addition to some storms in December) has us scratching our heads as to how affected by the weather people are here! In Utah and in Wisconsin, weather happens and people live their lives. Here, it seems to shut everything down. We got between 4 and 6 inches and our church was cancelled Sunday. This is the 4th time church has been cancelled since December. The schools have already used 6 (only 5 were allotted for the year) snow days. Crazy!
PS--Thanks to Amy for Jack's great snow boots! They are the perfect size.
PSS--We bought a metal garbage can that the squirrels can't chew into. Hopefully. So for now, the squirrels will "die another day . . ."

3 comments:

Amy said...

Have I already said that I like Jackson's coat. It is so cute. And I love the picture of little Jack on the saucer. He looks so cute and little on it! I am glad the boots fit, at least someone will get good use out of them!

Amy said...

And I LOVE your new blog look! Gray and Orange are 2 of my favorite colors!

Kim said...

BRR!!! it looks so chilly! Crazy that school and church and everything has been cancelled for you guys back there! We are basking in 78 degree weather here- ahhh. so nice. We sure hope you find a job out here Jake! Can't wait to see you in May- so glad you booked your flights. fun. Love your new background.