First of all, the pictures don't do this amazing place justice. Partially because I'm not a good photographer and partially because it is just so beautiful.
We went on a 2-mile hike and I felt like we were in a movie set, like maybe Lord of the Rings or King Kong or Jurassic Park (without the danger!). It was a little rainy and misty and that made it even more beautiful and surreal.

The hike basically runs a long the inside of a gorge, with a river flowing along the bottom. As the hike progresses, we were actually walking underneath water flowing into the gorge.

Pretty amazing.

There were beautiful waterfalls. You can see one in the distance that we walked right underneath, it's a fairly good-sized waterfall and feeds into the smaller one right behind Jake and Jack.

This definitely reminded me of Lord of the Rings--"Up the stairs we go . . ."

Some friends hiked with us, and it was an easy enough walk that the kids all did fine, in fact all these kids except Jack beat most of the adults through the trail! It almost felt too easy for all the amazing stuff we saw. Back in Utah you have to hike miles to see even one waterfall.

After the hike, we had dinner and let the kids play and roast marshmallows over a fire at one of the campsites nearby. "And I say to myself, what a wonderful world . . . "
8 comments:
So, I'm inviting myself (and entire Currey Clan) to come visit and to specifically see this spot! It is beautiful! So jealous! Any trips to WI planned on your end??? :)
It is so beautiful! I doubt I will ever live in a place as beautiful as Ithaca because I don't think it can be beat.
You guys have the coolest places close by! I love seeing all of your mini adventures. :)
I second what everyone has said. How do you live so close to so many cools things? I'll say it again. Veigel Reunion 2011!!!
I want to go! We haven't been to Watkins Glen yet and is definately on our list of things to do before school starts again when we get back. It looks great. Glad you had fun!
No fair! You get all the great scenery!! Wish we could come on that hike--the pics are amazing!
Luv you guys!
Jenny
That place is amazing! How lucky to live to close to so many things.
WOAH! That is absolutely gorgeous! SO fun that you guys are taking advantage of all the amazing things to do and see back there- we are jealous and wish we were closer to come play in "your backyard!" The dinner and marshmellows over a fire sounded like the perfect end to such a fun day.
Post a Comment