One of the unfortunate side effects to living in a place with a substantial winter is the marble-white skin. Luckily, when we went swimming this week we matched all the other Ithacans.
We went to a place called "Flat Rock" which is basically a river on Cornell campus with huge, flat, moss-covered rocks on the bottom. The rocks fall away in places to make deeper pools, so you can choose your depth. We all had a great time, and it was nice to have a built-in "kiddie pool" for Jack.

I hope you're not blinded by the glare of my white skin. Maybe I could qualify as a vampire? Here I am, desperately trying to catch some sun before I go to Lake Powell with my family later this summer.

There's a dam at the one end of the river, which allows a small amount of water to fall down over Flat Rock. For some reason James wanted us to take a photo of him with his head in the waterfall. This one's for you, James.

James also had a great time letting the waterfall wash him down the rocks. It was a pretty strong current.

We put Jack in a shorty wet suit, worried that the water would be cold. It was actually surprisingly warm, but he's such a little thing we were glad he had it, because he still did get cold eventually.

The "bigger picture". There are a lot of deeper sort of pools behind where I'm standing taking the photo. Ithaca definitely has its compensations, this was a really fun new discovery.
4 comments:
Looks so fun! What cute fish your boys are--great that they both love water so much!
Love Jenny
Looks awesome. Make sure you bring Jack's wet suit to Greys!
How come I don't know about the flat rocks yet? It looks like so much fun. And love the boys haircuts! Scott and Dylan look like your before pictures, they are in desperate need of some haircuts right now.
I love Flat Rock! Trina told us about it and we went there pretty much the day after we moved in. SO much fun.
Post a Comment