This has been so interesting for us to learn.
We ended up with about a gallon of syrup, but we will keep collecting more sap this week (despite Becky's sore arms from carrying heavy buckets full of sap while Jake was in Utah!) and boil again next Saturday.
We ended up with about a gallon of syrup, but we will keep collecting more sap this week (despite Becky's sore arms from carrying heavy buckets full of sap while Jake was in Utah!) and boil again next Saturday.
Someone asked if the trees were in our yard, and the answer is no. All of this is being done on a 4-acre property that belongs to a couple in our ward. It's a great property--the kids LOVE running around and playing, and the owners are very kind about letting us and our kids run all over the place!
It was fun. For dinner we roasted hot dogs and bratwurst and then had smores over the fire with the air smelling of smoke and pancakes.
It was fun. For dinner we roasted hot dogs and bratwurst and then had smores over the fire with the air smelling of smoke and pancakes.
2 comments:
Dedicated! I don't know if I would have lugged all the buckets or babysat the sap, but I sure would like some syrup...Yum, yum!
Love Jenny
I still think that is the coolest thing ever! But you burned 45 gallons. That is SO much sap. I hope it all turns out in the end.
Post a Comment