Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Boston Marathon

Helping with the medical coverage of the Boston Marathon was certainly one of the most memorable experiences of my fellowship. Here are some pictures.
This is one of the medical tents as we wait for the runners.
At about 4 hours into the race every cot was full, and this is just one half of one side of the tent.
Me and the other UMASS fellow

At the finish line after things calmed down.

This guy juggled five balls for 26.2 miles.
Happy Patriot's Day

4 comments:

Kim said...

Jake, that is so cool. We can't wait to hear the stories in person!

Amy said...

I can't believe that guy juggled the whole. Who does that? I can't even run half that distance let alone juggle while running.

I am glad you got to participate in the marathon. It sounds fun. Sorry things never worked out with Trent.

Luke and Kimmy said...

That guy with u must be really short because you are short.
-luke

Kim said...

Jake- WOW! What a cool opportunity. That must have been amazing to watch and be a part of. I'm so excited for you to be doing Sports Med. Missed you this last weekend- hope your conference went well in Florida!