Thursday, April 30, 2009

Westward Ho . . .

The boys and I headed to Utah for spring break and to attend my brother Chris's open house (and to meet my new sister-in-law to-be, Abby). They will be married May 9th in Mesa, AZ so they did an open house in Utah this last weekend.
As I'm not the best blogger, I didn't get these pictures in the correct chronological order, but you still get the general idea . . .
The open house, Abby and Chris and my parents. We're all excited to have Abby in the family, she fits in so well that some old friends of the family (whom we obviously haven't seen in a while) thought my mom and dad were marrying off another of their daughters!
The highlight of the open house for Jack and Lola--getting to eat cupcakes and get all dirty. YUM!

My sister Melis did all the AMAZING flowers for the wedding, and James and Sammy were so excited that the flowers came in huge boxes. James made his into a transformer costume, which also appealed to Uncle Mark . . .

We also went and spent some time at Wheeler Farm, doing pictures with the the Veigel cousins. My brave mother-in-law hired a photographer to take pictures of 11 children ranging in age from about 6 months to 7 years. We traipsed all around Wheeler Farm--the photographer was very patient. We all cheered when we got one photo with nobody crying (my Jack was the biggest crying culprit--sorry Veigels!). But, I hope we got some good shots!
James and Jack LOVED seeing the animals. It was definitely more fun than photos.
Thanks to our families for hosting us and helping us have such a good time!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was good to see you guys. James and Jack are so big. Well, James is so big. Jack is a little bigger! ;) Both cute though! I hope we have some good pics coming!

You soon to be sister in law is so cute! And I love Jack in his little wedding garb!

Heidi Buchi said...

I love your picts! So cute! Lola and Jack were so adorable! James is so fun to talk to too, he is getting so much older and social, I love it! Heids