Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peanuts and Birthdays . . .

Today’s is a mixed post . . . I forgot I had the packing peanuts picture on my camera until I uploaded Jack’s birthday photos. So here goes . . .
When I was in Utah I had our china dishes (which we had kept at my Mom and Dad’s) here. We did the “pack and ship promise” with UPS and it was great—everything arrived intact. Everything also arrived packed in TONS of packing peanuts.
The kids went CRAZY.
It took me 2 hours to clean up all the peanuts. Too bad that with kids fun=huge mess!
Last night Jake put together Jack’s new trike and I blew up a ton of balloons (hilarious, this morning James got up and said listening to me blowing up balloons helped him to go to sleep last night because it was like a lullaby . . . ?!)
Jackson was SO excited about the bike and helmet which he calls his “hat”.
The bike and helmet are both a bit big, but it will be good that they fit next summer!
Happy birthday to our little Jackers—the boy whose very existence is a tribute to miracles.
Five things we love about Jack:
1. His undying love and devotion to his older brother
2. His toddler way of making us notice the little things in life
3. His hugs and kisses and “I love you’s”
4. The funny way he prances around when he gets excited about something
5. How excited he gets when a member of the family arrives home (or when we pick him up from nursery on Sunday!)

5 comments:

doovie79 said...

So cute! Love the new bike and helmet. The packing peanuts looked like a blast--almost worth the clean-up...Brady thought it was snow! Happy #2 Jack!
Love Jenny

CK Black Family said...

Happy Birthday to your little cutie! They grow up TOO fast. LOVe the packing peanuts pic - when you discover a clean way for kids to have fun, PLEASE pass it on!!

Amy said...

Cute little bike for cute little Jack! I hope he had a great BDay!

myndie said...

happy birthday jack, thank goodness for miracles!

Kim said...

WAHOO! Between the packing peanuts and new bike it looks like a party! How fun! Can't believe that Jack is already 2- the girlies miss playing with him and think he is the cutest little boy ever. Happy happy birthday again Jack!