Well, we finally made it out on our trip! We are loaded to the hilt, as you can see! Jake did a great job putting the rack, kayaks, and his road bike on the car.

There goes the gas mileage . . .

We drove 6 hours Friday and stayed the night in Arlington, VA. We woke up early this (Sat) AM, took the Metro across the Potomac and walked around DC. We saw the Washington Monument.

James was super-excited to find the T-Rex skeleton out of "Night at the Museum" at the Smithsonian.

He was also excited they let him hold a real beetle at their "bug zoo".

I thought of my Grandpa Hallows at the World War II Monument.

Jake and I enjoyed the Lincoln Memorial the most.

It felt like a very sacred place. We're so very grateful for all he did to make our nation whole and free for all.

Amazing to actually be here!
After DC, we drove on to the Outer Banks, and arrived tonight. Beach pictures soon!
7 comments:
I am sorry that we missed you guys. It looks like you had fun. Enjoy the beach!
Cute hair Becky! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Mark (and Melissa)
Fun. I'd like to go there someday.
Amazing!! What a trip already! Wish I could tag along!!!!
Love Jenny
SO FUN! I gotta say Jake really did an excellent job with loading the car!
I have been excited to hear about it all so I was glad to see that you guys posted:) It looks like you had a wonderful time, and I do have to say I think your hair does look so pretty too! James and Jack are so cute! Tell them Lola says HI! Jake did do an awesome packing job! Great work Jake!
Wow! I'm so jealous! So cool to see you guys in front of all those amazing historical sites. Looks like you had a great time! Great job packing the car Jake!
Post a Comment