Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had a beautiful weather weekend, and even got an extended weekend with Jake off work Monday and Tuesday. Here's how we played:
1) We did all the normal Easter activities like dyeing eggs, opening Easter baskets, and having an Easter egg hunt with some friends between conference sessions. While the kids checked out their spoils, the adults chatted and had a lovely time eating fruit, hot cross buns, and the most delicious pound cake (look for the recipe coming soon to my cooking blog . . . )
2) We played outside a lot, and picnicked Saturday night (just the girls while the guys were at Priesthood), and Monday with Jake. The park we went has a little lighthouse and a very tall slide.
3) (not pictured) I ran outside for the first time this year in shorts and a t-shirt. YES!
Oh how I love the SUNSHINE!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, I am jealous of the running ouside in short and tshirt!

doovie79 said...

Fun! I would love your hot cross buns recipe...Love the pics!
Jenny

Heidi Buchi said...

I am also loving the "running weather!" Glorious! I love having hubbys home! That sounds like you guys had a great time for Easter weekend.
Lola, Bo and I went to mom and dads for Easter dinner on Sunday and Lola asked if Jack and James would be there:( We miss you guys! Love you!