We have been experiencing the "terrible twos". Or to put it in a more kind light, Jack's attempt to exert his independence. As all parents know, this process is nothing short of exasperating. Temper tantrums or battles over every little thing; begging, cajoling, or bribing on the part of the parent to convince your child to please do ___ (whatever it might be); and in our case, being late to virtually everything because we inevitably have a battle on the way out the door about shoes, jacket, toys we're bringing or not bringing, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
But, he's so cute, what can you do? Except try to compromise and let him have his way whenever you can (without spoiling him!).
On a side note, I am desperately seeking spring (today it's in the 30s and freezing with wind chills in the teens and 20s). Hence the new blog background. Please let me know if you hate it, I'm looking at it now and thinking I might have to change it soon because it makes a small part of me want to puke. Hope it's more springlike where you are!
4 comments:
Ha, ha--I can so relate to that independence battle! Love the jammies. Brady has just started to want to change his clothes randomly during the day and it gets interesting when he comes out with his undies on backwards with his Sunday pants awkwardly backwards with zipper on the bum...He soon realizes this is uncomfortable! Good luck with the battle!
Love ya--Jenny
P.S. I like your new background!
Oh gosh I just want to squeeze and kiss him to death!! So cute, I love it! Miss you!
I think his jammies are great! Paige and Morgan sound very similar to Jackson. I guess they are only a month apart!
And I like your new blog and I, too, can't wait for Spring! Althought we are a little more than 30 degrees here!
ha! That is hilarious! He is so dang cute. It is funny how particular boys can be about their clothes- Colby LOVES picking out his clothes and usually doesn't like the outfits I like... but that's great that you can give him some independence in some things.... and he looks pretty proud of himself for picking out that outfit! Wish I could send you some sunshine- it is supposed to be 86 here today!!!
Post a Comment