Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nobel Prize in Medicine


I was so happy today to learn that the Nobel Prize for Medicine for 2010 was given to Dr. Robert G. Edwards of Great Britain for the development of in-vitro fertilization.

It was interesting for me to learn that the first successful IVF was performed in 1978. He had been working on the technology almost 30 years. He had to find private funding for his research because it was so controversial at the time.
We are certainly grateful!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

So are we...your kids are awesome. I loved seeing the pictures of your fancy night out! You guys do look great, I'm so glad you had a good time. And the Thomas the Train cake was quite a feat. Of course Lucy and Owen were drooling over those pictures!

Bridget said...

Have you ever read Pandora's Baby? I thought it was a very interesting take on IVF and how it came about. I'm sure you would have a lot more to say about it. :)

doovie79 said...

Yay!! Someone who actually deserved the prize...We are grateful for this guy!
Love Jenny