I'm really not being self-deprecating when I say I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to "crafting" of almost any kind. And I'm really okay with it most of the time.
Sometimes, though, I get the itch to make something cute to hang in my house, and it's really frustrating when it doesn't turn out.
But, this one did! Yay!
via my very crafty sister Kim's blog. It's actually a pretty simple design.
From JoAnn's I purchased:
A styrofoam heart (presumably for floral design?)
3/4 yard of red felt
a cheap box of straight pins
I cut the red felt into 3" diameter circles using a drinking glass from my cupboard. You then fold each circle in half, then in half again (more illustrations on the idearoom blog). Then, put a straight pin through the corner and press each of the folded circles onto the foam heart. A thimble is helpful for pressing all the pins in without killing your thumb. Don't worry too much about the placement of the circles, you can always pull one out or put one more in if a space doesn't look quite right.
I feel so festive with my one Valentine's Day decoration . . . If you come to my house, please notice it . . . ! Just kidding (well sort of).
5 comments:
So cute!!! Good work. I love it. I have been wanting to try that type of wreath for a while, but didn't know about doing all those circles. Love the way yours turned out! Kuddos to you!
Jealous that you found a heart shaped wreath. I went to 4 different store today and none of them had one! Isn't that weird that you did a post about it on the same day?
So cute, I love it! I will have to get crafty and try this. Thanks for sharing it, and yes, I will take notice at book club.
WOW!!!! I LOVE THAT!!! SO dang cute! I want one!!! I haven't tried it out yet, but love the way it turned out. You could sell those- so dang adorable. YAY! I LOVED your book reviews- am excited to try a few of them... especially that "I Need My Monster!" That looks so fun. Ok, love you guys! Good to talk to you the other day. ;-)
Impressive! Now I just need a crafting for dummies and the unmotivated to craft, and I will be set!
Jenny
Cute Becky! I noticed this last year on some of thoes craft blogs and I wanted to do it then, but didn't. You have insired me to do it now!!
Post a Comment