Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Children's Book . . .

Another children's book recommendation. I really ought to buy this one but never have for some reason, but it's been one of our favorites for a long time. We checked it out again at the library this week and I'd forgotten how much I liked it. It's a little bit silly and I love the illustrations. They are fantastic.
The book is written and illustrated by husband/wife team Don and Audrey Wood who have some other fantastic children's books like the "Alphabet Mystery" series and another fantastically illustrated favorite of mine, "Piggies."
I think we'll be busy reading this one every night until it's due back at the library . . .

3 comments:

doovie79 said...

We just checked this out from the library! I will have to go find it now because we didn't get to it in our hour of reading...We got a little carried away with the two-ton book bag!
Luv ya--Jenny

The Harker's said...

That is one of my favorite's from childhood too. I especially love The Napping House too.:)

Becky said...

Thanks for mentioning the Napping House! I don't know how I could have forgotten that one. It's definitely the most well known Don/Audrey Wood book and a very fun read-aloud with great illustrations!