Well, a while back I did 101 things about myself. Recently my sister Heidi tagged me to do 5 crazy quirks. So, if you read my 101, you don't need to read any further! But if you didn't and want to know a little more about me, here they are:
1. I really truly LOVE to read. I read all the time. I'm always looking for good books. If I can't find a new good book, I'll re-read one of my old favorites. Some of my favorites, like Pride and Prejudice, I have read so many times I have nearly committed them to memory. I also am usually reading several books at a time. I have a "main" book, but usually have some "lighter" reading when I want something that I don't have to read so intensely.
2. I'm obsessed with food magazines. I currently get 2--Saveur and Better Homes and Gardens (I like the home stuff, but I like the recipes better). James's school just did a fund raiser with magazine sales and I ordered 2 more-Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazine. Of all of these, Saveur is my FAVORITE.
3. Running is really my sanity. I am a better person when I run consistently. I don't do it because I feel I should (which is what I used to do when I was younger!), but I do it because I love it and I love the way it makes me feel. It's some of the rare "me" time that I get in my busy crazy life.
4. I really am trying to learn to "enjoy the journey". A lot of my life I have spent looking forward to things that were at some future date. This is fun in a way-anticipation is a great emotion. But in the long run you can't wish or wait your life away. Jake has been great to help me to appreciate all the little things that happen every day that are funny or interesting. I am also trying to savor all the days I have with my kids as they seem to grow way too fast.
5. Cooking is my passion. I love trying new recipes. I love finding great new recipes. I like the art of trying to make something turn out (although I've found that in order to make it truly turn out well you have to make it more than once-usually many times!). I also love to watch people enjoy my cooking. It's one of the more satisfying things in my life when I succeed in making a great meal that everyone enjoys.
2 comments:
I read your 101 and I still read this list. I love that you experiment so much with recipes and then I just take the ones you have mastered from you!! It saves me a lot of time....Great list!
I am so glad you did this quirky thing! So fun to read! Your cooking stuff sounded so true about you. You really are an amazingly great cook! All your food that you make doesn't only taste good...it is like a piece of art, it always looks pretty! You are a great example to have for an oldest sista! I love ya!
Post a Comment