Well, today is James' last day of school. One of his school's goals this year was to help the kids become better writers. The teachers had ongoing training and the kids had "writer's workshop" every day. They did many different kinds of writing, and their last type was poetry. We thought his poetry was entertaining, so here's a few samples:
Friends:
I am your friend, you are my friend
Together we're a team.
We'll be friends forever
As our friendship starts to gleam.
Drill Shell:
You can't drill a shell
and you can't use a shell to drill a drill.
What about a pencil? What can drill that?
I guess I will never know. Who will?
I don't know. What about you?
I Am a Pirate:
I am a Pirate
And you can be one too.
You just got to say "Arg".
I would love to live inside his brain for a day . . . . ! B
3 comments:
Haha That Pirate one is my favorite. I too, would love to live in the mind of a child for a day.
Congrats to Jake for completing his fellowship!
So funny. James is such a smart kid.
James! You are such a great poet! We loved reading your poems. I can tell you are such a great student and are so smart. We liked the poem about drilling a shell and you asked who can drill a pencil... If I were you I would ask Grandpa Hallows next time you are at his house if he can drill a pencil OR a shell. He drills lots of things and just might be able to answer the question in your poem! ;-) Love from Aunt Kim and your cousins in Sunny AZ!
Post a Comment