Monday, May 17, 2010

Baseball and Bicycling . . .

James is very much enjoying playing spring baseball. It's coach-pitch, so he's learning to hit, and the kids switch around to different positions so he's learning how to play bases and outfield. His coaches and team are great.
The mighty Tiger up to bat.
It's amazing how different in personality two kids can be. James has always been pretty mellow. He plays baseball because more aggressive sports like soccer are just not his style (believe me, we tried). However, Jackson is my little daredevil, spunky, jump right into the battle sort of boy. Which is why he has his first black eye at age 2.
We were walking in our neighborhood, Jack was on his tricycle, and we started going down a hill. Jack just wants to go fast. I keep chasing after him, slowing him down. He doesn't like that. He goes faster and in one of those motherhood moments that I swear you're moving in slow-motion (like one of those dreams that are so frustrating), he looks back to tell me not to slow him down and crashes before I can catch him. Yikes. Injury total: 1 black eye (you can't see it that well in this picture), 1 raspberry on the head, road rash on both knees and 1 elbow. Ouch.
However, all things considered I feel we were lucky. Nothing a little ibuprofen and a few bandaids can't cure!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, poor Jack! And I think James picked the BEST sport! Maybe we can take a ball and mitts up to Greys and we can play catch!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what happened to him...poor guy. I need to get my kids signed up for some sports.

Merkley Jiating said...

Ouch, his eye looks painful.

Our apartment in PA isn't as fancy as those pictures make it look but I still think it will be nice. Waiting for the internship was suspenseful but now that we have it, it doesn't seem like it was that hard! Sounds similar to childbirth.

Kim said...

So funny- i loved your story about Jack's crash. :-( Glad he is ok. He is so dang cute. And fun that James is liking baseball! Fun! ButI am laughing becuase James and Jack are exactly like Sydney and Mia! We tried to get Sydney to like soccer and after a few seasons it was obvious it wasn't her thing because she is not aggressive and super competitive... and Mia is our "down you dare slow me down Mom!" child too... as you know! Spunky and aggressive just like Jack. Can't wait to see what he ends up liking and doing!

doovie79 said...

So funny! I love to see their different personalities come out! Can't wait to get all the kiddos together to play this summer!
Love Jenny