Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jake's Birthday BBQ Bash

For Jake's birthday we had a BBQ party. Not because he wanted a birthday party but because he wanted to have a bunch of friends over and grill for them.
The birthday boy himself. We had some concern about his grilling skills after the first batch of hamburgers nearly went up in flames (he was bragging about his burgers and opened the grill with a flourish to find it filled with flames). Luckily, most of the burgers were still fine and the next batch turned out beautifully. YUM!
Our friend Jeff brought his lacrosse sticks. He played lacrosse in college and is quite amazing. Everyone else who tried to play were not quite as amazing, but the boys had a good time. For our Utah friends, lacrosse is HUGE out here. We've decided it should be Jack's "sport".
James liked playing around but doesn't want to play lacrosse "for real". It's a bit too aggressive for him I think!
Jake's request for birthday dessert was oreo ice cream dessert. It was a bit of a struggle to get the candles in but we managed and doesn't Jake look thrilled to have us all sing Happy Birthday so he could blow them out? I forgot to ask him if he made a wish.
Anyway, a good time was had by all (we hope)!
Happy Birthday Jakey!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a great day!

Amy said...

I hope your Birthday BBQ was Bad to the Bone Bodacious. And I love me some good oreo dessert! We just had that for Trent's BDay!

And lacrosse is starting up out here. There are a few young men and young women that play it.

Hope you had a great birthday!

doovie79 said...

I feel so bad I forgot to call!! Happy Birthday, Dr. Jake! We are so lucky to have you in our fam! Hope you have a prosperous 25th year (that is how old you look...)
Jenny