I have not posted in sometime as I have been so busy. However, my mind has been turning lately to one on my most proudest posts. The post was about my frustration with an unusual breed of New England Squirrels known as Were-Squirrels. The post is a must read which you can link to above.
Many of you know that I am not a handy man and the very thought of fixing something broken in the house sends feelings of tremendous inadequacies through my spine. Well our dishwasher wasn't working properly and after Becky had done some of the dismantling I took some initiative to remove the dishwasher from underneath the counter. Much to my surprise the dishwasher was easily removed.
Much to my dismay behind the dishwasher was a hole in the wall the size of a dinner plate, coupled with an uncountable number of mouse turds. Oh Crap!
The story really started after we moved to New York. Becky was cleaning out the back shed to discover a family of adolescent mice. Posted here.
Not long after that incident I got a message from Becky on my phone one night while playing ball. Through the hysterics I heard, "Mouse, sink, garbage, and backyard." As I have few moments where I can truly be a hero to Becky I thought I would cut basketball short that night. I drove home and went to the backyard to see a mouse staring up at me from the bottom of the under-the-sink trash bin.
Pure hatred went through my vein as I thought, "No one scares my bride." I took the garbage sack that was freshly placed and contained only the mouse, and with my herculean strength and the advantages of centripetal force slammed the mouse to the ground, resulting in a quick and humane death.
Well now I know how they got in and with the help of Barrett's advice and some "Great Stuff" fixed the hole. And you know what else, the dishwasher started working.
Well the animals in New York are not as bad as New England, but they seduce you with being cute. Our backyard has 3-5 squirrels and 3-4 chipmunks running around constantly. With the added touch of cardinals and blue-jays it is actually quite nice--like a scene from a Disney Princess movie. Please be wary. I ended up more like Grumpy rather than Snow White.
4 comments:
no pictures of the pests? I just want Becky to know, how amazing Jake is. Leaving basketball early over some mice in the garbage. Truly a better man than me
Herculean strength????
Gross.
Post a Comment