Sunday, September 7, 2008

My 101

  1. I am 32.
  2. I have the greatest wife. Who else would travel across the country on a whim. Besides Lehi's wife.
  3. One day I am am going to have to settle down somewhere
  4. I live in Leominster, Massachusetts... the birthplace of Johnny Appleseed.
  5. I did not enjoy high school but loved college. The opposite of everyone else.
  6. I have saved 3 lives, two of them in one night.
  7. I love being a doctor.
  8. I love adventures.
  9. I love the sound a dishwasher makes. It is like the work is done. But even the sound by itslef is relaxing.
  10. There is no Ward like your Home Ward.
  11. I like being called Gary by Cade and Luke. Everyone should try it.
  12. Of all the places I lived Utah has the best weather.
  13. States I have been in: utah, california, idaho, washington, arizona, colorado, alaska, wyoming, nevada, new mexico, montana, south dakota, kansas, missouri, north carolina, georgia, ohio, wisconsin, indiana, illinois, iowa, nebraska, michigan, pennsylvania, new york, rhode island, new hampshire, maine, and massachusetts.
  14. When I was on my mission I thought I could never be happier, I was wrong.
  15. I think my kids are great.
  16. James is my carbon copy. Poor kid
  17. I hate rude people.
  18. I love music and boast that I know every artist, popular or obscure.
  19. If I couldn't be a doctor my dream job would be to pick songs to go in movies.
  20. I like obscure musicans.
  21. I will own a restaurant/music venue one day.
  22. My wife thinks I'm weird and loves me for it.
  23. I am weird.
  24. I am happy.
  25. My family totally rocks.
  26. I have the best mother-in-law.
  27. I like clavicles on women.
  28. I like to diagnose strangers as they walk by.
  29. If/when I get sued for malpractice I'm not sure if I can handle that emotionally.
  30. I am learning the guitar.
  31. I am lousy at the guitar.
  32. I am lousy at golf. I needs lessons for my cousin Aaron.
  33. I think Star Valley is the perfect place, but I couldn't live there. I would ruin it with a restaurant/music venue.
  34. I think this is harder than it looks.
  35. I am proud of my parents.
  36. I wish I was smarter.
  37. I wish I was more like my dad.
  38. I wish I was more righteous, but repenting is hard.
  39. I hate hearing the F-word.
  40. I hate when I yell at James and he then cries.
  41. I would like to have a daughter but I know for a fact I could not parent a teenage girl.
  42. I love food.
  43. I like to try weird food.
  44. My wife is a great cook.
  45. I have eaten goat.
  46. Nothing beats Robintinos in Bountiful.
  47. I proposed to my wife in Grey's River, Wyoming.
  48. I have been married for 10 years.
  49. I like the trees in New England.
  50. I think Becky is frickin' hot.
  51. Great musicians you should try: Alexi Murdoch, Mike Doughty, Keller Williams.
  52. I am obsessed with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.
  53. I like the corn fields of the midwest.
  54. I love the desert.
  55. One of my fondest memories is going to Canada with Grandpa Doyle, Larry and Cade when we were young on a fishing trip.
  56. My family could have a conversation entirely from movie lines. . . and it would make sense.
  57. Moab is my favorite vacation spot.
  58. I treasure my memories of married life before kids.
  59. I am good at relaxing.
  60. I want to play Futureman's Drumitar.
  61. I am a slob.
  62. I am organized when I want to be, who wants that.
  63. I could talk about music for hours.
  64. I could talk about food for hours.
  65. I am running a blank.
  66. I like mountain biking
  67. I have never done a triathalon but would like to.
  68. I can be arrogant.
  69. I have been in school for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
  70. blank.
  71. I am going to go back to my mission in London in four years when the Olympics are there.
  72. Soccer is my favorite.
  73. My favorite areas of medicine are sports medicine (obviously), adolescent health, and primary care.
  74. I am going to write a book, Infertility and the LDS couple. I am going to try to get a general authority to edit it or write a preface to it.
  75. I have supported my wife through 4 of her 5 marathons.
  76. Moving to Massachusetts was harder than expected.
  77. I like politics.
  78. I like to be a liberal in Utah and a conservative in Massachusetts.
  79. I am not good at arguing.
  80. I wish Jackson would sleep at least 8 hours once in his life.
  81. I have cute children.
  82. I have never broken a bone, gotten stitches, or been in the hospital overnight, except when working.
  83. Delivering babies is not as fun as it sounds.
  84. I have been awake for 40 hours. It gives you a headache.
  85. I have been blessed with good health.
  86. I have seen some pretty gross things.
  87. I should stop this.
  88. For five consecutive years the bread I ate was only homeade.
  89. In med school we used cloth diapers for James. It was foul.
  90. My wife amazes me every day.
  91. My in-laws are good good people.
  92. I think James has a better vocabulary than me.
  93. I once drank two cans of nonalcoholic beer for 20 pounds.. yes I was on my mission.
  94. I cannot do any more.
  95. I give up too easily.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Gary! Your list made me laugh. And James really is your carbon copy! I am glad you did this. I learned stuff about you even though I have known you for 28 years! Way to get into the blogging tags!

Gina and Aaron said...

Jake you only had a few more. That was fun i learned a lot about you. I have a trade for you. I will give you all the free golf and lessons you want and you take care of all my families medical needs lol

take care

Luke and Kimmy said...

Nice list. lots of funny stuff.
-luke

Glenae said...

Fun list. I remember the day you proposed to Becky, you came down to our house. That was fun. I am glad you like being a doctor - the thought of it scares me to death!!

Jason said...

Hey Jake. I didn't know you lived near Boston. Last I knew I thought you were living in Ogden. Geez. Have you been to a Red Sox game? That would be wicked awesome.

I've always wanted to own a restaurant/music venue/CD store type of thing.
What Bela Fleck album would you recommend?
I could also talk about music or food for hours. Nobody ever wants to do that with me though.

It's been too long since we've talked. I didn't know a lot of these things about you. Email me -- donjasiano@yahoo.com

Gary....everybody Gary.