Well, the boys and I made a quick (about 6 days) trip to Utah to see my brother Zach, newly returned from his mission to Birmingham, England. It was a whirlwind trip, but we had fun.

First order of business: a trip to Costco. The guys at the checkout laughed at me when I told them I brought an extra suitcase just to have enough room for stuff from Costco. I wasn't joking. Some things I just can't find here in NY!

Next very important activity: breakfast at Sunshine Cafe. I love their granola pancakes, eggs, and sausage. YUM! James was also thrilled to have a blueberry pancake as big as his head. Life doesn't get much better.

It was so great to see Zach and hear him speak in church. He served the Lord faithfully. It was also great to see him with the kids. He was so loving and patient with them.

We had a great time at Kangaroo Zoo with cousins.

Jack and Avery got to know each other.

James had a fabulous time using all of Grandpa's tracing paper. Thanks Grandpa!

Jack had fun with Lola, too.

It was hard to say goodbye. Thanks to our families for taking time out of your busy schedules to have fun with us! We took away some fun memories.

And we came home to piles and piles of snow! From all accounts we were lucky to even be able to fly into Ithaca, which has gotten about a foot and a half of snow in 2 days and it continues to snow off and on. James actually only missed 3 days of school instead of 5 because of 2 snow days while we were gone. Crazy!
3 comments:
We miss you guys already!! Sammy was so disappointed to hear James will not be at Sunday dinner today...Thanks for making the sacrifice to come out! We LOVED seeing you guys and didn't get enough time with you! Glad you are home safely and looking forward already to another visit...
Love Jenny
YAY! I loved getting to catch up on all you guys did... without me! HA! Looks like a GREAT trip though and so many priceless pics. James and Jack are getting so grown up and it was fun to skype with you guys- we need to do that again soon. Sounds like shopping in Park City with Lissy was so much fun too and you got some great deals- so jealous! ;-) But I was glad that you made it back safely with all the crazy weather problems back East. Love you guys!
So glad I got to see you while you were here! Glad you made it back safe!
Post a Comment