I went overboard in my desire to please my newly-turned 3-year-old. This cake took almost my whole day. But, Jackson was pretty excited!

Thomas the Tank Engine. He's always been popular at our house.

We all ate way too much frosting (check out Jack's mouth). I was glad I finally figured out how to make black frosting without using so much food coloring that it is completely nasty!

"Happy Birthday to You". Yes, the candles are in Thomas's smokestack. I know, I went a little overboard. Sitting next to Jack is one of our favorite babysitters, our neighbor Gabby.
I actually had a hard time cutting the cake after I spent that much time on it.
Then I got over it. It was very tasty!
9 comments:
Such a cute cake! Happy 3rd birthday to little Jack!:)
Wow that is so amazing! Um... you need to teach a cake decorating class along with all the other amazing things you can do! Seriously. I am so impressed. I don't know if I would have wanted to cut into it after all that work. Truly amazing!
Can you mail us one of those for Brady's bday?! Truly amazing!! Lucky little guy!
Love Jenny
That is an awesome cake! Great job!
Becky!! You are amazing... I LOVE that Thomas cake. :) So glad Jack had a great birthday. We miss you guys!!
Awesome cake. Jack is a lucky dude. And I would also like to know the secret for black frosting???
what a fantastic cake for a thee year old! he is a lucky boy in SO MANY WAYS! i can't believe it has been three years since you were filling out paperwork and hoping for a miracle. i'm glad i got to watch it unfold. he is beautiful....and so are you becky, in your cinderella dress. what a fun night out!
WOW. that is sweet!
Jackson is so adorable! I love that kid and miss him so much(James too!) Anyhow, that cake is just about the most amazing train cake I have ever seen!!! You are so talented Becky! Holy cow! Tell your fam how much we love them and miss them!
Post a Comment