Egg dyeing. Which we had to explain to Jackson had nothing to do with "dying", but actually meant coloring, or "painting" the eggs.

Finally figured out that teacups weren't the best option for the egg dye (always used them growing up!). Instead I used small narrow canning jars. This way, the whole egg could be submerged at once and be evenly colored. Amazing what happens when you use your brain.

Best photo smile from Jackson in a long while . . .

Jack's favorite egg, with crayon stars drawn on it before we dyed it. He even thought of the stars himself!

James with a speckled egg. We had an egg kit that came with liquid dye and tiny sponges to speckle the eggs. Kind of fun for a change.

The Easter Bunny spoiled the kids with toys instead of clothes this year. James was just a tiny bit excited about his Lego Ninjago dragon.

Jackson was excited about his "Cars" racecars. And all his candy which he proceeded to sample liberally before breakfast. Oh well.

Easter morning at the Veigel house.

And as we've tried to remind the kids amidst the distractions today--
We are so grateful for the Easter season and the opportunity it's given us to reflect on Jesus Christ. I read the Easter story to the kids last night and had the opportunity to remember my time spent in Jerusalem and show them pictures of the Garden of Gethsemane and Garden Tomb and remember the peace I felt there in our knowledge of the Resurrection and Christ's love for us.
May your day be filled with peace and the joy of your family.
5 comments:
I can't believe you have your Easter post up already! Glad you had a fun Easter!
I had to explain about the "dying" of the eggs to Dylan too!:)
Your eggs turned out cute! Glad you had an enjoyable Easter. My kids delved right into their candy with such zest that no one would even eat breakfast until about lunchtime...Once a year, right? Love ya!
Jenny
James's face = priceless! That is awesome.
Glad you had a good Easter! I loved your baby bump pics! I can't wait for you to post some that we can actually SEE the bump! :) You look super cute.(I know it feels different when it's you that's pregnant!)
Post a Comment