Monday, November 8, 2010

Book Club!

Day #8
I have the greatest book club. We read this book last month. I liked the book, but had a hard time reading about all the terrible things colonial Americans had to deal with (although I was glad to have read it for the history involved). BTW--it's based on a true story. We had the greatest discussion about the book and I left book club liking it so much more because I could see the bigger picture of not only the events that happened in the book, but the lessons we can learn from history for our own lives.
I can't wait to go to book club tomorrow night and hear some discussion on "Mockingjay", the very disturbing final book in the Hunger Games series. Hopefully I will gain some perspective . . . !
Thanks to my book club friends for making this something I look forward to so much!

2 comments:

The Harker's said...

Yay! I am excited for everyone to come over tomorrow to discuss Mockingjay finally! I too love our book club. Seriously, when I move next month I might need to attend via skype.:)

CK Black Family said...

I'm interested in your take on Mockingjay - it left a bad taste in my mouth. You've always been a good book-clubber!