Day #s 26 and 27
We left the Outer Banks and drove to Wilmington, Delaware where we stayed the night. Then, this morning we spent about 5 hours in Philadelphia, which was so much fun (more to come . . .). I am SO grateful my kids are good travelers. Sure, we've had our grumpiness on the trip, but all in all about 24 hours in the car (there and back), the kids were great. They were also so amazing this morning as we wandered around a very cold, windy Philadelphia seeing the sights. I don't know what I would do if they didn't travel well. I love having adventures!
Just a couple of funny traveling notes over the last couple of days:
1) I hit a skunk in Delaware. James was heartbroken. I was glad the car didn't permanently stink.
2) The boys caught a cold and were coughing like crazy this morning at the hotel. We told Jack to try not to cough, then he proceeded to sing a song for about 5 minutes, which included the words "I can't stop coughing" several times. He didn't cough much while he was singing.
I am SO thankful for our home, and so thankful to be home. As much fun as traveling is, it's always great to return home. And I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment