Monday, November 29, 2010

Movember's Top Ten

A gentleman is, after all, still a man no matter how gentle he is.
Movember!! The term merging Moustache and November, started by 30 blokes in Australia 5-6 years ago is now turned into 1 million participants throughout the world. What is it? It is when you grow a Moustache for the entire month of November to raise awareness and donations for men's cancer. And it is coming to a close. Tomorrow is the final day.

I have never had facial hair and I decided to captain a team after last November. I have learned a few things this month so I thought I would post the top ten things I learned from having a Mo!
  1. It takes a truly confident man to grow and groom a moustache.
  2. The feeling of the wind in one's moustache is pleasurable, especially while cycling.
  3. No matter how often you tell yourself that you are "distinguished". You are not. You are ridiculous.
  4. I noticed more other men with moustaches and they are not really that uncommon. Mo Bro once a Mo Bro forever.
  5. The marketing behind Movember was genius. Don't believe me? Check out these ads or the website. It will make you think it is cool to grow a mo to save a bro.
  6. It was cool that people actually donated. Thanks!!
  7. A women's love is not only skin deep.
  8. When moustaches come back in style. I will be ready.
  9. Growing a moustache for 30 days was harder than I thought. If it wasn't for the support of friends, donations, and a little rivalry, I wouldn't have lasted.
  10. There is no bonding like male bonding.
So thanks to all who helped out. I will do it next year only if I get $500 dollars pledged before Movember 2011.

PS-My gratitude for today goes to the fact that the mustache goes away tomorrow. Not that I'm not proud of Jake for his perseverance, I just don't like kissing the mustache. BV

2 comments:

Amy said...

So, was the flavor savor part of the challenge or did Jake just throw that in for fun.

Becky said...

He threw it in at the end because he thought the mustache looked so ugly that the flavor saver might help it look better! B