We had a fun-filled weekend with James' school parade and party as well as the ward Halloween party.

James dressed as a warrior with his friend (also James!) dressed as Zeus. The Greek costumes were popular this year--all the kids are reading "Percy Jackson" books!

Quite the adventure--as soon as the kids were done with the parade and started going back into the school, the fire alarms in the school went off. So the kids had to stand in the cold on the soccer field until the fire department had come and cleared the building. Apparently something in the cafeteria had burned.

The good thing about the fire drills: great photo ops before things got crazy at the party!

Ward party--Jack in his monkey costume.

I decided at the last minute to throw together a "hippie" costume. Then James decided he wanted to be like me. So he threw this together and it was so fun to be matching!
On a different note, I heard it was bloggers month and so I am going to try and take the challenge to blog every day this month. In my concern for enough material and in keeping with my personal quest to become a more positive person, I'm going to post every day something I am grateful for.
Today: I'm grateful Jake made it to the ward Halloween party with us. And stayed the whole time! He had to go to a hockey game afterwards, but it was great he could be with us. He has worked every Halloween as far back as I can remember so it's always a crazy night for me. It was fabulous to have him take Jack around the "trunk-or-treat" while I handed out candy.
6 comments:
You guys looked great at the party! You were a stylish hippie. So cute!:)
You make a groovy hippie! Love the Percy Jackson costumes - I'm starting the series this week! Good luck on your blog a day and glad Jake could be there with you - truly something to be grateful for!
Fun Halloween! Love the costumes. Good for you on the grateful posts. Even though I don't blog, I think I will try and write an extra thing I am grateful for in my journal every night or something! Thanks for the inspiration!
Love Jenny
Glad to see you guys had a good Halloween. I think it's great that you dressed up and that you looked so good that James changed his costume to be like you.
We'll be looking forward to reading your thankful posts.
I can't believe you just threw together that hippie costume because you looked so amazing!
I am also glad you didn't name your sons Marco. That totally would have thrown off the J thing! And then what would your blog URL be?! :)
When I was in labor with Alex overnight and I was trying to sleep between contractions, every time I would wake up with the name Guillermo in my head. It was bizarre.
I love your hippie costume! And I am going to do the thankful thing everyday too! I think it is such a good idea!
Post a Comment